Welcome to Kids in Need (KIN)
KIN was started as a not for profit Non Government Organisation (NGO) in 1996, and became a leading street children’s service provider. The challenges of helping children when they were already living and working on the streets, led the institution to redefine its direction: becoming an issue focused organisation, with a programme niche in child labour.
KIN is registered under Ministry of Internal Affairs (the NGO board), no 5914/2193.
Its key programmes focus on Capacity Building and Awareness rising, Community Economic Empowerment, Prevention, removal and integration of child labourers, Partnership and networking, advocacy and networking, in Wakiso and Butaleja districts in Uganda.
- To initiate a collective strategy for creating free child labour zones in Uganda, through building coalitions of child labour forums consisting of like minded individuals and institutions.
- All withdrawn child labourers in the free child labour zones mainstreamed into formal full rime education with the support of all the engaging communities.
- Create a legacy of strong activism against child labour b empowering the society through mass awareness, training, information sharing, documentation, lobby and network building
Children below 18 years,
- who:Are resident in KIN operational areas.
- Are already Involved in, or prone to child labour activities
- Above 6 years and below 18 years.
- Are ready to accept full time formal education or Vocational Skills Training.